August 02, 2018
- Loves programming
- No screens in free time
- Wants to teach music related classes
- Music theory class
- Music in the browser class
- Anna Laura
- Application developer, works a lot
- Has a really intense boss
- Stays away from screens in spare time
- Excited to see that we actually happened!
- Systems engineer
- Does PC, since that 80s yo!
- HAM radio, nuclear engineer, all the things
- Likes gadgets
- Now looking for a job!
- Loves to help introduce people to IT
- Left because he had a thing, but it was good to see him
- Graphic designer
- No programming
- Free time, gamers, movies, long walks on the beach
- Hoping to kick up more classes
- Does security classes here
- Hosts the hacklab
- Moar hacklab coming soon
- Going to drag new coworkers here
- Jhonghee is going to join the ORC project work
- Malware analysis class on 18th by Alex!
- We just spent some time with Landlord Bear (Mark) at our potentially new space
- Will be about ~$1000/month
- Is twice the size of our existing space
- Much more usable space
- Mark gave the OK on tearing out a wall to open up part of the space for a ~450sqft classroom (over twice the size of our existing classroom)
- Mark gave the OK on us paiting the walls mural style with whatever we want (returned to gray if we leave)
- Will be renovated, new ceilings, lights, floors, bathroom, all of it
- Mark wants a 2 year lease
- After that time there will be room to grow into the next door unit which will double us to 2000 sqft
- There is the possibility of growing into the whole first floor if that ever happens (5000sqft)
$ 6,036.27 USD
- Alex is thinking about doing a Comma AI thing
- With our existing membership, which is:
- (Luke, Scott, James, Patrick have lapsed or cancelled)
- We are bringing in about $600/month in memberships
- We are bringing in about $40/month in recurring donations
- We burn $825 in rent
- We burn about $20 in VPS (website, chat, etc)
- We need to target at least 6 new members within the first 18 months of being at the new space before we burn our savings
- This means we need more class material, more events, and people bringing friends!
- Time to start working on a evangelism campaign!